miércoles, 28 de enero de 2009

If I wanna floss...

I got my own
Even if you were broke, my love don't cost a thannggg

Ok, this blog is not dedicated to the best song ever, "Love Don't Cost a Thing" by J.Lo. It is dedicated to the fact that I LOVE DENTAL HYGIENE! And I have realized why Europeans, well, don't.

First of all, I went to the heavenly oasis known as SuperCor the other day (the best grocery store in the world... probably just like it because it's the only grocery store that I've found nearby, but whatever). I realized that I had forgotten to buy floss at home and bring it with me, which is a tragedy because, as I've already noted, I love me a good floss. Well, I go to the dental care aisle, which is conveniently located in the front of the store as if to remind Spaniards they have stank teeth. I find what I was looking for, pick it up and realize that it costs... 3 EURO!!!! That's like $3.90 for you Americans. It's the same size as the one I get at home for, like, $1.50.

At this point I've come to the realization that nobody cares for their teeth because everything is so EXPENSIVE! When you have the choice between cheap cigarettes that rot your teeth or a nice shiny package of floss or a glistening new tube of toothpaste, I guess most people just choose the cigs. And it's obvious because some of the teeth I've seen here have been absolutely HEINOUS!! There is nothing worse than seeing a beautiful Spanish man with great style, glittering brown eyes and hair that would make a stallion weep, open his mouth only to reveal a nice row of rotting teeth.

I guess this is why Spaniards do not smile in pictures.

I also guess this is a reason I'm glad I was raised in a place that requires one to brush his or her teeth in order to be accepted into regular society.

1 comentario:

  1. I am literally dying at the last sentence. I cannot stop laughing. I guess that's pretty common for me though.

    ResponderEliminar